Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

26.11.11

Our Thanksgiving...

This Thanksgiving was so special, we had family and great friends brought together by a great meal, amazing drinks, and lots of love and laughter. This is the first year that I have done any table decor for thanksgiving (because I suppose technically I am not supposed to be celebrating, but anything for some scrumptious food!) Nevertheless despite it being a long day of cooking, everything went so smoothly and the food was absolutely delicious. I will say that all of us "kids" did a great job of putting the dinner together, so pat on the back! Here are some pictures of how our Thanksgiving day went and some secrets of how to create the same look!

She was not too happy to be our mascot pumpkin for the day :) 



Too Cute!


Pink roses in a mason jar simply wrapped with brown tulle and yarn to give a rustic feel.





There were seven of us for dinner, and each one got a takeaway jar of hot chocolate personalized with their own name. This made a really fun and casual place setting for the table.


Cocoa, crushed Oreo's, and Marshmallows


I bought 3 yards of burlap and roughed up the edges to make this runner.


This was a fun DIY project that I will be blogging about next!


I absolutely love the elegance of stemless wine glasses.



These roses made from maple leaves were such a great touch and I found the idea here and then gave it my own touch with the spread maple leaf on the back and wrap with strings of burlap.




This was my result. Basic, casual, yet intimate. If you are wondering what the three squares in the table are, they are scrap tile that I got from a local tile store and put felt buttons underneath so hot dishes and bowls could be placed on the table, and giving the table another charming twist!



If you are wondering where the candles are (my favorite) don't worry there coming up.


Pimm's Cup: A classic English Cocktail, very refreshing and yummy






This candle fixture hangs elegantly above my dining room table, and it is my pride and joy. I drew up the design myself and then commissioned for it to be made by a local welder for about $350. It hangs about 5ft from the ceiling and measures 7ft x 3.5 ft. It is the perfect touch to make a room feel inviting, warm and intimate. The soft glow of the candles really gave a festive fall feeling and everyone absolutely loved it. I'm obsessed!







No comments:

Post a Comment