Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

17.10.11

Telluride..

Today the boyfriend, Talula and I payed my first visit to the town of Telluride in Colorado. I absolutly fell in love with it, and especially with the hue of colors surrounding us by the Autumn leaves, it was hard not too! We spent the day visiting wonderful little bakeries, boutiques, and home decor stores. We wanted to ride the Gondola, however because it is off season (meaning if theres no snow, theres no people) it was shut down until late November. Telluride thrives  most from Tourism due to its incredible ski resort, and many buy property as holiday homes.

To begin with we ate at a wonderful bakery which had lovely soups, breads, salads, pastas and coffees. The best part however were the pastries, where there was a whole wall to choose from! Of course I was tempted!

Because we were at higher altitude ( Telluride is 8750ft above sea level) it was a little colder than normal but we really enjoyed exploring the town. My favorite part of all was when we came across an interior decor store/firm, where I fell in love. The Customs House featured an array of contemporary furniture and decor as well as fusing it nicely with the cottage-esque feel of creams, and whites, chunky woven rugs, and bright pops of color. It really brought me back home for a second, because my love for the english country side is like no other. Typically you find in South West Colorado that design firms lead to a very western style, with the gaughty colors, deep mahogany, log cabins, and dead animals hanging from the walls. So you can expect that this was very refreshing for me, and exciting to see that that style is also fashioned in this area!


Here are a few more pictures from our trip! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! xxx















No comments:

Post a Comment